Re: Size of IESG, Number of Areas (Was: CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-18 18:00:00
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I just rooted out a graph of IESG size over a number of years
that I created for a similar discussion 7 years ago.
As far as I know, today's numbers are identical to 2006, since
no Areas have been created or deleted and we have two ADs/Area.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/IESGsize.pdf

At that time about 125 WGs were chartered. Today we still have
about 125 WGs.

Hmm,  very interesting data.  So perhaps there is
no process problem at all. Perhaps economic conditions
are just reducing the candidate pool.

What if project and WG management administrative tasks
could be off-loaded to paid assistants? There must be some
tasks done by ADs that can be delegated or assisted.  The IETF
pays for RFC Editor services.  Perhaps professional project management
services would help (a ton!)

Regards
   Brian

Andy