Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-21 06:00:50
On 21/10/2013 12:37, Loa Andersson wrote:

On 2013-10-21 18:14, Benoit Claise wrote:
<snip>
Personallly, I'd encourage authors to not add ADs unless there's
a specific reason. Within an IETF context, ADs get enough ego
boosting already.
Agreed.

Sigh, while I think most the folks speaking up here agree to that,
it seems almost impossible to get the other side of this through.
Mentioning ADs/WG chairs are not only to give them credit for a
particular document that has been published as an RFC.
My statement above was only about AD, not WG chairs.

It is also easily find whom you need to hold accountable, a couple of
ADs and a few IESG generations later.
Interesting statement about AD and WG charis being "accountable for"? My views are that the document authors, the WG, and the community are accountable for the document content.

Regards, Benoit

his is why I'm reluctant to place this in the Ack section, and prefer
some place similar (read "new section".

/Loa

S.