Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-19 08:59:54

On 10/19/2013 01:48 PM, Loa Andersson wrote:

On the other hand a less more public way would be to what IAB on
their RFCs, add a section "IAB Members at the Time of Approval"!
Maybe and Appendix "WG Chairs, Shepherd and responsible AD at the
time of the Approval".

Keep it informal - authors can do this now if they want. (And
we can stop discussing it:-)

Personallly, I'd encourage authors to not add ADs unless there's
a specific reason. Within an IETF context, ADs get enough ego
boosting already.

But WG chairs do deserve more acks than they're getting I think
so if authors ack'd them frequently that'd be good.

S.