Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-21 05:16:30
On 19/10/2013 15:59, Stephen Farrell wrote:

On 10/19/2013 01:48 PM, Loa Andersson wrote:
On the other hand a less more public way would be to what IAB on
their RFCs, add a section "IAB Members at the Time of Approval"!
Maybe and Appendix "WG Chairs, Shepherd and responsible AD at the
time of the Approval".
Keep it informal - authors can do this now if they want. (And
we can stop discussing it:-)

Personallly, I'd encourage authors to not add ADs unless there's
a specific reason. Within an IETF context, ADs get enough ego
boosting already.
Agreed.

But WG chairs do deserve more acks than they're getting I think
so if authors ack'd them frequently that'd be good.
... as well as document shepherd, and directorate reviewers.
As Randy Presuhn mentioned somewhere in the conversion, MIB module reviews (by the MIB doctors) is a very ungrateful job. The job takes a lot of time, much discussions, sometimes many document iterations. Those MIB doctors will never appear on the author lists (sometimes they should when I see the huge job), or are rarely mentioned in the acknowledgment section.
No wonder I have some difficulties to find directorate reviewers.

I'm all in favor of properly acknowledging people.
However, having a formal set of rules would NOT be a good thing.

Regards, Benoit

S.