Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 11:33:41
Andrew,

Since we're clarifying, I'm wondering whether you mean moderation in
the way it usually does, or in the way it socially does.

That is, is the plan to turn on the moderation feature of mailman?  Or
is the plan instead to have a group of people who are basically much
more active seargents-at-arms, catching people when they go over the
line and then moderating those individuals quickly if things continue
to proceed?  Your text seemed to suggest the latter, but in the
context of mailing lists "moderation" usually means the former.

I was on the latter plan. Personally, and I think this is what the IESG wanted
to see.

Jari