Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 11:40:02
On 23/07/2014 04:33, Jari Arkko wrote:
Andrew,

Since we're clarifying, I'm wondering whether you mean moderation in
the way it usually does, or in the way it socially does.

That is, is the plan to turn on the moderation feature of mailman?  Or
is the plan instead to have a group of people who are basically much
more active seargents-at-arms, catching people when they go over the
line and then moderating those individuals quickly if things continue
to proceed?  Your text seemed to suggest the latter, but in the
context of mailing lists "moderation" usually means the former.

I was on the latter plan. Personally, and I think this is what the IESG
wanted to see.

So, I have to repeat the question that someone else asked: aren't
you just proposing to have the sergeant-at-arms job performed
more aggressively? (Not that I am criticising Jordi in any way -
he has been limiting himself to fairly extreme cases, and he's been
dinged for doing even that minimum.)

   Brian