Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 12:10:22

At 12:35 PM 7/22/2014, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Yes, the latter is what we've been discussing as Jari said.

But one more clarification: we don't think those moderators
would be empowered to prevent people mailing to the list even
if those people misbehave, that remains for the sergeant at
arms role was the plan. Its defo more social than enforcement.

Hall monitors?  Those annoying kids wandering the halls during recess?    I'm
not sure how this is more effective than the Sergeant at arms giving a warning.

Perhaps more than a paragraph on the IESG *proposal* would be useful.  I didn't
get the above from Jari's note nor from his clarification.

Mike