Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

2014-09-18 11:24:29
Hi John,

On 2014-09-17 22:30, John Kristoff wrote:
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:52:32 +0200
Linus Nordberg <linus+ietf(_at_)nordu(_dot_)net> wrote:

This is sad because it's now not possible to visit the site without
accepting JavaScript. At least if you get selected for solving a
CAPTCHA. Tor users is one group of users who are selected.

It is not just CloudFlare where the IETF resources have begun to be a
lot more particular about what your packets should look like. If you try
to browse to tools.ietf.org without presenting an acceptable User Agent
string you get a 403 forbidden.  I submitted a ticket about this
behavior about a year ago.

If you want to be fair, you should also mention that I replied and explained
the issue.  And it's not a matter of needing to present an _acceptable_
User Agent, it's a matter of me having be forced to block some ill-behaved
robots that I only could identify by them not presenting any User Agent at all.

Regards,

        Henrik