Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

2014-09-18 20:35:03
On Sep 18, 2014, at 9:05 PM, Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us> wrote:
Your words are awesome, and well-stated. But tragically meaningless in the
context of things like WSIS, IGF, etc. The governments and other entities
that would like to control the Internet look for, and exploit, every weakness
they can find to assert their claims, whether that's "fair" or not.

We don't control the Internet.   Maybe NANOG et al. do, but we do not.   We
just wrote some protocol specs that are key to the operation of the Internet.
The value proposition that keeps us relevant is continuing to do good work, not
"controlling the internet."