Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-02 09:46:25

On 2 Oct 2014, at 15:21, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I see the cost should increase for who use the time slots of the
meeting-time, so the IETF adopted IDs and presentations. I say no
punishment/fess for individuals but add fees for companies presenting or
authoring. I say only companies that have their name on the IETF drafts or on
the presentations.

You are kidding, right?

Your proposal as it stands would kill off many employers' participation at IETF
stone cold dead.

Also, you forget the one of the IETF's key features is that strictly speaking
it is not companies that participate, it is individuals.  Often those
individuals are supported through the kind grace of their employers, and to
seek to actually charge those employers even more for their employee's highly
valuable contributions is frankly batshit crazy.

Ray