Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-02 10:09:47
Because the IETF is ostensibly about contributions of individuals, many drafts
do not

reflect organisations or corporations accurately - particularly when a draft
advances

an idea that has not been adopted as the corporate party line.

So, billing presenters and adopting a pay-for-play model actually discourages

non-corporate new ideas from being presented at all, and helps collapse the
fiction

that the IETF is not driven by corporate interests.

So, this idea is as unworkable as your
let's-redo-RFC-numbering-as-categories-scheme,

which I see excludes mentions of the April Fools RFCs that you previously tried
to ban.

The numbers of RFCs can be chosen for meaning: IPv6 is RFC2460, RFC2468 is who
do

we appreciate, RFC666 has the warning up front, because you're about to decipher

Padlipsky, RFC1984 is orwellian surveillance, RFC2001 was very important
monolithic

changes to TCP, etc.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood