Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-02 07:57:58
+1 to Ted. While I'm not on the IAOC, I am aware of the work they and Ray
do to try to minimize total cost for attendees. The next two meetings after
Hawaii are in relatively lower-cost locations (Dallas and Prague), and they
work hard to get meeting sponsors and otherwise offset meeting costs.
Regarding ISOC, unfortunately they're not a bottomless bank and can't
afford to completely subsidize the IETF. As it is, they provide over $2M a
year. All of the IETF's financials are online if you want to check them
out, and would like to provide suggestions to the IAOC on ways to improve
them.

Cheers,
Andy