Re: Pink Squares

2015-07-26 17:49:47
On 7/26/15 2:07 PM, Victor Kuarsingh wrote:
I would prefer we improve how we allow remote folks to comment and
interact.  People in the room have a strong advantage when it comes to
getting to a mic, and re-inserting themselves if rebutting a comment
etc.  I think it's here were the remote folks lack the most participation.

Yes.  I've had quite varied experiences participating remotely - in
some cases it's been really very good, and in a few cases it's been
almost like not being there at all.  It comes down to having chairs
who are attentive and a decent scribe.  Because it does take some
effort and is dependent on the skills of the people running the
meeting it's probably a good idea to find some mechanism that's going
to work reasonably well even if the chairs don't really care about
remote participants.

Melinda