Re: Pink Squares

2015-07-27 07:43:14
.. and next time we have a split room with a large pillar at the front
please can we have the chairs and the speaker in the same half of the
room.

- Stewart

On 24/07/2015 12:01, Alexa Morris wrote:
The pink box is only intended to give the person at the front of the room some
indication of where they should, in general, stand in order to be within range
of the Meetecho cameras.   I agree that at IETF 93 the box ended up so small
that it feels confining.

At any rate, if it’s prohibiting interactive discussions or productive thinking, it’s
clearly not working. Meetecho has confirmed that it’s a simple matter for them to pan out and
provide a larger view of the room.  For IETF 94 we will map out a significantly larger area on the
floor. We will also make it clear that if you wander outside the boundaries of the pink box, it will
not result in any punitive action (despite what we may have implied by the photo Jari showed during
the plenary).

Alexa

On Jul 24, 2015, at 3:23 AM, Adrian Farrel