Re: Concerns about Singapore and other places

2016-04-13 05:06:46
John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

The UK filter is an "opt out" filter, and I assume that we (the IETF) opted
out. ...

This isn't the parental filter, this is the child porn filter, which I am
fairly sure is mandatory, at last on consumer ISPs.

As I understand it this kind of filtering only applies to the largest
consumer ISPs. We don't have any filtering of that kind on the academic
network I help to look after, for example. The IETF network would not have
any filtering unless the IETF NOC put it in.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h
punycode