Re: Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-10 18:15:41
Resending to the list...and an extra thought...

If censorship rights are managed in more granularity than nationally, perhaps
the neighborhood or subdivision level, it allows variance and differentiation,
including mixed access within an urban setting. The nation must be the union
and membership in associations may carry censorship requirements limiting one's
access by agreement. This sort of approach may be welcomed by those regimes
with real concerns regarding 'westernization' of their media. Countries may
well allow international conference attendees free access while simultaneously
protecting their children from wanting to serve the local warlord rather than
sticking to the local Civil Defense Unit. I believe the idea has merit, perhaps
reducing slaughter.

From the perspective of those exercising active decision, it would be termed
the right to forget, another right to be sure. It's a form of BDS, yes? Quite
effective.

Well I think it would be wonderful if network protocols supported filtering in
both senses: filter reception from certain senders & filter transmission to
certain recipients. I'm thinking of some sort of intersection of
sender/receiver permission volumes specified with N dimensional Voronoi
tessellations in negotiated session state at the routers, managed with
multicast hashes in the traffic headers. One will literally never be in contact
with said troublesome traffic and both foreign and domestic users would have
that censoring/forgetting guarantee.

best,
robert

On Apr 10, 2016, at 16:28, Jared Mauch