Re: Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

2016-07-21 07:47:56
On 21 Jul 2016, at 14:31, Robert Sparks wrote:

We've become more dynamic with meeting scheduling - the pre-printed agendas are almost always incorrect at the start of the meeting.

Fully agree, but:

We have much better online tools, including smartphone apps that provide better access to non-stale data.

The smartphone apps that we have today still don't work well at all. Until they improve, the choice is opening up a laptop every time or using a small object I can look at (squinting hard, of course).

We've found it easy to have printers on-site for anyone who really needs to print a copy (and can post instructions in an easy to find place on how to make that happen).

If we had an agenda template that worked for the printer *and* the printer printed fine enough (which I doubt for our current color inkjet printers), that would be a good alternative.

Therefore, I would propose that the secretariat be directed to not provide the folded agendas in Seoul, so that we eliminate the printing and shipping expense (and associated environmental impact).

1) Please only do this if the app works much more reliably than it does now.

2) Is the cost really that large? This is about two reams of paper, yes?

--Paul Hoffman