Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-11 00:19:42
On Tue, 9 May 2017, IETF Chair wrote:

only difference from how login works today is that the option to "Join without registration ID" would be removed. Other options for

The few times I have tried to use my registration ID to join a session, I failed to get it working, and I had to revert to use the clickbox to join without registration ID. So if remote participation is going to require this ID, this needs to be "bulletproof". The "remember me" button also needs to work across the entire week, preferrably so I don't even have to put in the registration ID more than once for the entire week (cookies etc).

Perhaps we could have one IETF where there is encouragement for everybody to test this functionality and make sure all cases of it not working is reported to the NOC and fault found? So basically a "dress rehearsal".

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se