Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-11 19:21:02

FWIW, I personally consider almost all so-called IPR in the IETF's
space to be BS, so I am entirely happy that we ignore such issues to
the fullest possible extent. (While recognising that we do have to
pretend to respect some of that nonsense, sadly.)

I am also personally unhappy when we pander to the pretence that
the relevant output of entities like the USPTO are "inventions."
I base my attitude on my personal perception that a very high five
nines of supposedly relevant patent claims that I have read are
just crap. I do not ask that anyone else (dis)agrees with me.

So, yes, some IETF participants do need to pay attention to that
gibberish, and I'm ok with living with their being impaired in
that manner, but only to the extent that that is a necessary evil.

IOW, let's prefer usability to idiocy.

S.