Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-10 13:04:27

IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
    > Title
    > First / Given Name*
    > Last / Family Name*
    > Company / Organization
    > ISO 3166 Country of Residence*
    > Email*
    > Gender
    > Have you attended an IETF meeting in person before?
    > Have you attended an IETF meeting remotely before?

    > Upon registering, participants would be issued a registration ID, just
    > as they are today.

Are we validating the email address in some way?
If we are not, I don't see the point of the *-required in any of those places.

    > Remote participation registration data would be stored and secured by
    > AMS and MeetEcho just as it is currently today. As is the case now, no
    > registration or login would be required to access MeetEcho recordings,
    > audio recordings, YouTube videos, or jabber rooms. And no changes are
    > being proposed as to the handling of virtual blue sheets.

I suggest:
  1) Add me to the attendeeXX list.

  2) I think we have another list which is more announce and less discuss,
     but I can't recall it, they should be added to it as well.

  3) It would be nice if they they could be asked at registration time which
     WG they will attend (no commitment!), and if this information could be
     relayed to WG chairs.

  4) ask them if we can collect anonymized performance data and
     site/path/latency/jitter information.

I would also love it the meetecho tool could optionally capture
ipv6-test.com-like information during the session.  Maybe the webrtc people
could also tell us how to capture what kind of RTP sessions were required to
be created.  In the after-survey, we need to ask them if they had to do
anything special to participate. For instance:
       a) did they go into the "office" in order to have enough bandwidth?
       b) did they stay *away* from office in order to avoid restrictive
firewalls?

Finally, to echo Klensin, I think that we should retain the ability to lurk
anonymously.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-