Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-11 07:18:18
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 07:47:20PM +0000, Stephan Wenger wrote:

I’m in favor of validating the address, for example by sending some form of
credential to it; without the credential, only listening/reading access is
granted.  Doesn’t have to be bullet-proof, but using
example(_at_)example(_dot_)com shouldn’t work.  This is obviously in order to
obtain one semi-traceable record of the participant.

We don't do that for in-person participants, because we no longer even
collect the email address on the blue sheets.  (We do it for meeting
registration, of course, but we don't have a way to pair that with
participation in any given part of the meeting, so the IPR issue is
harder to argue by analogy here.)

And 5) click-through of the Note Well (unless that’s done in some other phase
of the remote participation, like when signing-in to meetecho).  Again for--I
hope obvious--IPR related reasons.

We _certainly_ don't do that for in-person meetings.  We put the Note
Well up and assume that anyone who is in the room and who makes a
Contribution in any way is aware of it.  Joining the meeting virtually
has the same property, no?

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com