Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-11 12:43:39
On 5/11/2017 11:19 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
We don't do that for in-person participants, because we no longer even
collect the email address on the blue sheets.  (
Collecting an email address as part of the registration process does not mean
that the email address needs to appear in the proceedings.

IETF f2f meetings do not even enforce the 'requirement' that one have registered. Anyone /can/ walk in and sit in any of the meeting rooms. So the act and fact of registration is by community trust.

And as noted, one can write whatever one wants on the blue sheet.

To the extent that remote participation should approximate what is done for f2f, registration should give access, but there should be a separate, open-form 'blue sheet' step for the user to complete.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking