Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-09 17:50:16

On 5/9/2017 6:06 PM, Yoav Nir wrote:
To join a session, participants would be asked to input the registration ID.
The same email-based facility that is currently available to retrieve a
forgotten registration ID would continue to be available. The cookie-based
“Remember me” option would also still be available. The only difference from
how login works today is that the option to "Join without registration ID"
would be removed.
Does this mean that unregistered people would not be able to listen/view?
I’m fine with cutting off *participation*, but even before Meetecho we’ve had
a live (audio) stream from the room. I wouldn’t want to lose that.
+1 - I think continuing to provide unregistered live streaming is
important.  I am sensitive that there is a real cost to this,
particularly if usage increases. Perhaps we can shift this to a youtube
live stream to handle the fanout.

Recordings are good, but by the time you listen to a recording, the
conversation may have moved on.

If they are primarily folks in the hotel, who can't be in two rooms at once,
we have one set of issues;
I also hope we don't loose the live audio only stream -- I regularly use
this while at the meeting to deal with the 2/3 room at once problem.  Of
course, if no one else uses it -- I loose...

Lou
(no hats)