Re: Registration for remote participation

2017-05-09 15:47:15

On 09/05/17 21:30, Ted Hardie wrote:
We need that data first.

I agree that getting that data is a good idea and that registering
seems a not horrible mechanism in this case.

Once we have it, there may be many things in the set of ways to support the
service that come to light; since those might be fund raising from external
parties rather than charging, I don't think we ought to anticipate that
stage at this one.

Hope that makes sense,

I guess. OTOH, the first thing I thought when reading the message
was "huh, why no mention of the obvious potential for charging?"
So it might have been better to explicitly say that this is not a
bait and switch, even though I'm perfectly sure it is not that:-)

Cheers,
S.