mhonarc-users

Re: one message instead of multiple - why?

1999-11-11 00:48:25

Thank you for your helpful and comprehensive answer.

This may (or may not) actually be a "good" thing to do...

ok. you convinced me to archive periodically. :)

It sounds to me like you've got a Pegasus folder full of old mail which
you want to html-ize and then you want to start adding the new messages.

Yes, precisely.

I hope this helps...  If you explain more about exactly what you're doing
and what you're trying to accomplish, the list and I can try to expand on
the answers.

OK. Thanks. Your answer was so helpful that I solved most of the problems
described before. However, there are a few new once.

P.S. Please respond either directly to me *or* to the list.  Getting 2
     copies of your response just confuses me.

Sorry, at the beginning I didn't notice that I was sending the previous letter
you. I wanted to send it to the list, so when I noticed my mistake I sent it
again. I postulate to add to the list config file Reply-to field to avoid such
confusion.

I have a problem with author and subject indexes (why Earl does not set
them by default?). I don't know how to refer to them in config file, since
there
are only IDXFNAME, and TIDXFNAME used like this:
but how to refer to author or subject indexes if there is nothing like
AIDXFNAME or SIDXFNAME?

My rcfile for mhonarc has the following content.
You may have a look at the result here:
http://www.termisoc.org/~andyk/chemfan/archive/threads.html
I can't find the reason why there are small boolets as first (I would prefer
big
one first) and why there are empty lines between threads (something like
I would prefer to have it like here:
without any empty lines, and with bigger boolets as first. Can you see that
mistake in the .mhonarcrc.chemfan script below?

Do outdir, quiet, stdin work in rcfile?

<!-- MHonArc resource file
  -->
<OUTDIR>
/home/andyk/public_html/chemfan/archive/
</OUTDIR>
<STDIN>
/home/andyk/public_html/chemfan/archive/chemfan.mails.inbox
</STDIN>
<QUIET>
<UMASK>
022
</UMASK>
<SORT>
<REVERSE>
<TSORT>
<TREVERSE>
<ADD>
<!-- <OTHERINDEXES>
subject.mrc
author.mrc
</OTHERINDEXES> -->

<TITLE>
<center> CHEMFAN<br>
popular chemistry discussion list archive.<hr></center>
</TITLE>

How could I have my title formated like above but without these tags
displayed in bookmark file page title when the page is bookmarked?

<TTITLE>
<center>
CHEMFAN<br>
popular chemistry discussion list archive.<hr></center>
</TTITLE>

<!--=== Index Page Customizations
=========================================-->

<!-- Have LISTBEGIN contain last updated information
  -->
<LISTBEGIN>
<center><strong>
Page</a>
</strong>
<hr>
<address><strong>
Main index<br></strong>
Last updated: $LOCALDATE$<br>
$NUMOFMSG$ messages in chronological reverse order (from the newest to
the oldest).<br>
</address>
<strong><ul>
<hr>
Listing format is the following:
<ul><li>
<strong>Subject</strong>
(# of follow-ups)
</ul>
<hr>
<ul>
</LISTBEGIN>

<!-- A compact listing template
  -->
<LITEMPLATE>
<li>
<strong>$SUBJECT:40$</strong>
</LITEMPLATE>

<LISTEND>
<center>
</ul>
<hr>
<strong>
Page</a>
</strong>
</LISTEND>

==================================-->
<THEAD>
<center><strong>
Page</a>
</strong>
<hr>
<address><strong>
Last updated: $LOCALDATE$<br>
$NUMOFMSG$ messages in chronological reverse order (from the newest to
the oldest)<br>
</address>
<strong><ul>
<li><a href="$IDXFNAME$">Chemfan Archive Main
Index</a></li>
<hr>
</THEAD>

<!--=== Message Customizations