mhonarc-users

Re: Beginner General Questions

2003-07-23 19:24:32
Irubin Consulting wrote:
I am currently subscribed to an email list and receive mails to an
email account. I would like to setup up an archive so I can check
the emails in a web archive (the list doesn't provide an archive).
When I installed MHonArc, I didn't see anywhere to define an email
account nor a user/password to access the account.

Can MHonArc use an email account? (I am not sure what a unix
mailbox is and the difference between the two).

Hi Roy,

You may want to have a look at a help script I wrote to make a basic MHonArc set-up easier. It includes the option to have MHonArc fetch the messages from a POP3 account.

    http://www.gunnar.cc/mhonarc/mhastart.pl.html

The script is included in the folder 'contrib' in the MHonArc distribution file.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson