Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-06 19:16:41
=> draft_from - if you don't have this then post will use what it
=> thinks is your "real" from as the Sender: header (and the envelope
=> from address as well).  I guess this was done to prevent undergrads
=> from easily forging email; I would submit that the days when you
=> had to know the details of SMTP to forge email are long over since
=> nearly every email client out allows you to change the from: header
=> (although I fondly remember that as a rite of passage in college ...
=> ah, good times).  I think that we should simply remove the flag and
=> always use the From: header in the draft as the envelope from.

I disagree. I was under the impression that the "From" field in
.mh_profile would be a default, particularly if nothing else was set or
could be determined as the 'right' address.

Yeah, that was the plan ... and removing this wouldn't change this.  I
guess I wasn't clear ... I want to remove the draft_from flag in mts.conf
(and from autoconf) and make it happen always, because that would simplify
the code greatly.  In short, draft_from would always be turned on; there
would be no option to turn it off.  I gather you're okay with this?