Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-06 21:02:30
yes! please either keep it, or improve post by giving it a switch that
allows it to submit mail to an mta/msp program directly.

Errrr ... you know about the sendmail mts, right?

i do indeed - but post always talks smtp, even with mts: sendmail.

i need something that submits to a program on stdin without any
to-and-fro interaction - which is precisely what spost does.

Really?  I'm curious ... why?

Let me put it another way.  I lack the energy to make spost work;
basically, if the changes I make in terms of From: handling break
spost, then I'm not going to be fixing them.  Okay, that probably
won't happen; I expect that it will continue to work fine in the
near future; it may not work fine after the Great Mime Rototilling,
though.  Enough people have said that they use it that it's not going
to get removed for 1.5; I'm just trying to understand what they need
from spost that post doesn't provide.