Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-06 23:24:55
I didn't get to see what was inserted in the message I sent before, I
didn't cc it to myself, and the list replaces the Sender with one of
its own choosing (and without altering the Message-ID, which is broken
behaviour, not that that is relevant to nmh).

Well, the off-list copy you sent me had:

Sender: kre(_at_)munnari(_dot_)OZ(_dot_)AU

MH knows that it is going to be installed on systems that aren't
"correctly" configured (whatever your idea is on what that should be)
but needs to work anyway, that's what a lot of the masquerade stuff is
about - it allows the person who installs nmh (MH) to configure it to do
the right thing, when the default code, that extracts the info from the
system, cannot possibly work.

Well, AFAICT you'll still be able to configure it to put whatever
you want in there.  I don't see how turning on draft_from support
always changes any of this.  nmh may be broken now, but my proposed
changes wouldn't change the brokenness.  I lack the energy to solve
this problem completely; you are of course welcome to contribute
code.  And if you really hate this behavior ... well, there's always
spost :-)