Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

2013-03-27 08:03:56
Ken wrote:

M. Levinson sent me private email and pointed out that it's not QUITE
a one-line change; some casts are needed in the sequence macros to
prevent bit-shifts from overflowing an int.  He was kind enough to
send me patches that did that, so I'll probably integrate that today
along with Paul's suggestions.

Would that bring us to where a 32-bit executable could lose
information created by a 64-bit executable via a common sequences
file?  If so, either we shouldn't do it, or should add code
to protect against the loss.  It's wrong to allow silent loss.

David