Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

2013-03-27 09:09:14
i'm not sure what i think we can do about that -- but either a warning
(not sure when or where it should happen), or an optional profile
entry which restricts the number of sequences to the old limit, for
people that have mixed installations.

I suggested your first idea in an earlier email.  The second idea ... more
code than I'm willing to write for a corner case like this.  If someone
else wants to tackle this they are welcome, but I would suggest that
it default to "long" sequences.

It also occurs to me that we're talking about SST64 only on systems that
are LP64 or ILP64.  This makes some "interesting" challenges, because the
number of sequences available really depending on architecture issues.
That would need to be taken into account when dealing with a profile
entry ... which just complicates the code even further.