Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

2013-03-26 22:42:56
the fact that this used to run on a pdp11 makes me think of the days of
pcc, where structure member names had to be unique across all
structures, variable names were only unique in their first seven
characters and so on. if we were doing this today we'd have an opaque
data structure and well defined accessors. the underlying implementation
might still be integers, or maybe not.

I hear you, and I don't disagree.  It's just ... who's going to write
that code, exactly?  I mean, if someone wants to do it, have at it!
Please!  I'm just not that excited about doing it myself; if it was up
to me, I'd make the one-line change and come back to tackle the problem
for real later.