Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

2013-03-27 08:59:47
ken wrote:
right now there's no reason to think so. thus my recommendation
that we follow the earlier advice and make the one-line change.

M. Levinson sent me private email and pointed out that it's not QUITE
a one-line change; some casts are needed in the sequence macros to
prevent bit-shifts from overflowing an int.  He was kind enough to
send me patches that did that, so I'll probably integrate that today
along with Paul's suggestions.

but this will still leave folks that use both new and old versions of
MH vulnerable to having sequences dropped when they use the old
version, right?

i'm not sure what i think we can do about that -- but either a warning
(not sure when or where it should happen), or an optional profile
entry which restricts the number of sequences to the old limit, for
people that have mixed installations.

paul