Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines

2014-04-23 22:09:03
ken wrote:
this issue was rather a big itch for me, so i had to scratch it.  i
agree about "not 1.6", but i think i might have it, or something
close.

I'm mostly okay with this, but there's one thing I'd like to see
changed.

certainly.  i expected to iterate.

I'm not fond of the idea of the new pseudo-component you created called
"hidden".  I know you can use it as a boolean, but defining it to a fixed
string seems wrong to me.

yeah -- that was partly a residue of hard-coding things while
prototyping, and then not fully understanding where to go next.  i
knew you'd have good input in that area.

There is an existing function called %(unseen); I think it would be perfect
for this.  The way you pass in values to unseen is via the "dat" array
(the 5th argument to fmt_scan).  Index value 4 will be the value of
%(unseen); see the comments in h/fmt_scan.h for more information.  That
just feels closer to how the format engine should work.  There is precedent
to overloading those dat[] entries to be used for other things, so this
isn't new ground here.

okay -- thanks!  i'll take a look at that.

paul