Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

2015-02-20 07:41:30
Bob Carragher wrote:
Emails that I send are starting to be tagged as spam or potential

As you can probably see from this message's header, my nominal
email provider is Google (@gmail.com) but my ISP is Comcast.  In

Is your sendmail configured to use a comcast mail server as a smart
host? Doing either that or having sendmail send mail to the final
host directly itself is not such a good idea these days. If you use a
gmail.com address, use gmail's smart host for outgoing mail. This works
better with stuff like SPF and domain keys which try to verify the
sending host.

I have Exim configured to look at the From: address I've set and pick
between one of several smart hosts. In fact, the main reason I use exim
is that it made that easy to configure. I can send you more details on
that if you're interested.

Oliver