Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

2015-02-22 13:17:09
Thus said Ralph Corderoy on Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:07:06 +0000:

You  guess  wrong.  It  is  useful. I'm  declaring  what's  valid  and
interested parties  can use it, and  I've seen they do,  to help judge
what they've received.

By the way,  my apologies for using  your domain as an  example. I could
have just as easily  setup a separate subdomain for this  test. I was so
surprised to  actually find a domain  that used -all that  I immediately
put on my ``for science'' hat and proceeded to test.

Did Hotmail accept  the message over SMTP, or also  deliver it to your
inbox? What  was the  detail of  their spam  judgement, e.g.  based on
its  headers? (Using  Hotmail  as  an arbiter  of  quality!? Would  be
interesting to hear what Gmail does.)

Yes,  Hotmail accepted  the message  over  SMTP from  a non-approved  IP
address and delivered it the Spam folder.

I'll conduct a  better experiment later to see if  there is a difference
in spam judgement.

(BTW, fully-justified  text to  72 characters  on a TTY  is a  pain to
read, especially when long `words'  are common meaning every space has
to be two spaces on some lines, presumably more sometimes.)

Interesting observation.  I've always  found it to  be the  opposite and
you're actually the first to have mentioned  it. At least for me, I find
that  having  the  text  wrapped  at  odd  places,  or  not  wrapped  at
all  depending on  the  terminal/software displaying  it,  is much  more
difficult.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000054ea2b4d