Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

2015-02-22 13:34:12
Thus said Ralph Corderoy on Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:07:06 +0000:

You  guess  wrong.  It  is  useful. I'm  declaring  what's  valid  and
interested parties  can use it, and  I've seen they do,  to help judge
what they've received.

By the way,  my apologies for using  your domain as an  example. I could
have just as easily  setup a separate subdomain for this  test. I was so
surprised to  actually find a domain  that used -all that  I immediately
put on my ``for science'' hat and proceeded to test.

FWIW, it seems to me that since Bob is reporting that more and more of
his email is being marked as spam, that would be a pretty big indication
that there is a problem.  Right or wrong, it seems to me that the days
of submitting email via a server that does not match your From: header
are slowly coming to an end.

It occurs to me that if you want to send to different servers based on
your From: header, a customized postproc would be pretty trivial to whip
up.

(BTW, fully-justified  text to  72 characters  on a TTY  is a  pain to
read, especially when long `words'  are common meaning every space has
to be two spaces on some lines, presumably more sometimes.)

Interesting observation.  I've always  found it to  be the  opposite and
you're actually the first to have mentioned  it. At least for me, I find
that  having  the  text  wrapped  at  odd  places,  or  not  wrapped  at
all  depending on  the  terminal/software displaying  it,  is much  more
difficult.

I didn't want to say anything and forgive me for piling on ... but I did
notice right away that your messages felt "odd" and I had to look at it
closer to figure it out.  At least for me, it's ... well, I'm not sure
"harder" is the right word.  "Stranger" is a little bit closer.