Re: audience for a procmail book?

1996-03-15 09:35:59
Nancy McGough writes on 15 March 1996 at 09:31:38
On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Doug Hughes wrote:
Why not make the book about procmail, IMAP and POP?
filters, gateways and clients, oh my! :)

I actually think it makes more sense to write a short,
quick (I hope) book focusing on procmail, but I'm
curious to hear what other people think.

I'm not sure I'd buy a short focused procmail book - I can get most of
what I need from the man-pages and other such things.

However, a book that goes into detail about all things at the MUA
level might be interesting.  By "MUA level" I mean not sendmail (MTA,
and there is already a book on that) and not MIME/PGP/PEM which
concern themselves with the contents of a message.

   Dan
--------------------- message is author's opinion only --------------------
J. Daniel Smith <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com>
http://www.bristol.com/~dan
Bristol Technology Inc.                     +1 203 438 6969, 438-5013 (FAX)
Ridgefield, Connecticut (USA)
{info,jobs}(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com
                                 --------
Von guten Maechten wunderbar geborgen, erwarten wir getrost, was
kommen mag.  Gott ist mit uns am Abend und am Morgen, und ganz gewiss
an jedem neuen Tag.  - Dietrich Bonhoeffer