Re: audience for a procmail book?

1996-03-15 12:49:22
On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Bob Weissman wrote:

On Mar 15,  9:31am -0500, Nancy McGough <nancym(_at_)ora(_dot_)com> wrote:
I actually think it makes more sense to write a short,
quick (I hope) book focusing on procmail, but I'm
curious to hear what other people think.

I wouldn't buy it.  Probably most of the folks on this mailing list
wouldn't buy it; we're the procmail cognoscenti.

The people who need the book are (a) the people who don't know procmail
exists but are looking for something like it, and (b) the people who are
frustrated by procmail's accurate, but terse, documentation.

Well, most of the system folks I know must not be hi-IQ genuies becasue
we all refer to the O'Rielly books when we wish to double check info or
see if there is a better way.

Unless this book is to be just a primer, then I really don't see why this
kind of book (all inclusive, great detail and the like) would not be next
to all the other O'Rielly system books that we have on our shelves.

BEsides, I have users that ask about books to learn more on this stuff.

Walter

 **  Walter Torres       **           N E X U S   C h i c a g o           **
 **  walter(_at_)nexchi(_dot_)com   **  Chicago's Community-based Internet
Provider  **
 **  312-381-1200 voice  **   http://www.nexchi.com/
info(_at_)nexchi(_dot_)com   **
 **               Part of the world-wide NEXUS-Gaia Project               **
 **        This is a place, not of sight nor sound...but of Vision.       **