Re: SPAM on the procmail list

1997-08-11 18:42:00
Matt Armstrong wrote:

I find it ironic and even funny that a mailing list that discusses
SPAM filtering rules almost every day still lets the stuff through.

Ironic it is, about funny I'm not sure. Well I expect the old-timers on this
list will tell you the irony is diminished by the fact that procmail is a MAIL
filter, not merely a SPAM filter... Not that it is an excuse worth half a dime,
though.

Is there something that can be done at the list level to block this
stuff?

Apparently those who could have other priorities. Also, chances are good they're
better at tweaking their .procmailrc's than you or I, so they just don't ever
see this crap.

Or, should we all do our own thing to filter it?

Maybe that's the idea... you get an incentive to train your new skills.

Forgive me if this has all been hashed over before.
Not nearly enough, I'm afraid. But please, why did you have to repost the
spam...

To whoever is currently in charge (this has become a bit confusing of late ;) -
this has *really* become annoying already. I subscribe to several mailing lists
and _this_ is the only list that lets junkmail through. I'm an eternal lurker
here, using all the valuable info to learn but still too green to offer my
half-baked expertise to those posing questions... So I feel a bit akwkward
posting this, since I won't be known to most of you (ever since with era's help
I got my first .rc on its feet :) but the spam level has indeed become
irritating. A Reply-To: set to the list address would also be welcomed *really*
kindly. The listserver is making things easier to spammers than to the members.

marek

--
"If you're happy and you know it, clunk your chains."
Largactil Café http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/index.html