Re: catching x-Advert headers

1997-09-17 13:31:47
dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin) wrote:
  :0h

Is that to save time for procmail? The idea being only delivering
the headers is faster? I think newer procmails know /dev/null and
don't even bother opening it.

  * ^X-(Advertisement|UIDL)
  /dev/null

The advisability of trashing all mail with X-UIDL: headers has been dis-
cussed on this list recently; apparently it's possible for one to appear
in legitimate mail.

Yup. Very true. Mostly likely case would probably be for certain types
of forwarded mail, including some moderated mailing lists. Fluffy's
mod.* list had these untill I pointed out the wide-spread file-to-/dev/null
problem to Fluffy.

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.