Re: possible problem in Message ID filter.

1997-09-19 14:49:47
R Lindberg / E Winnie <rlindber(_at_)kendaco(_dot_)telebyte(_dot_)com> writes:
 Or then again it could be a list server the generates a non-RFC
complient ID.

 I just got a message from a listserver the the follow script by Danial
classifies as a bogus. (actually I got two, both from the listserv admin
functions)
* ! ^Message-Id:[       ]*<[^   <>@]+(_at_)[^        <>@]+>[         ]*$

 The message ID was

 Now I am not (unfortunately) familiar with the RFC that governs
Message-IDs. So I don't know if the above ID is a valid one, or if the
list server generators in-valid ID's.

To quote from rfc822:

     optional-field =
                 /  "Message-ID"        ":"   msg-id

     msg-id      =  "<" addr-spec ">"            ; Unique message id

     addr-spec   =  local-part "@" domain        ; global address

Looks non-compliant to me.

Philip Guenther