Re: possible problem in Message ID filter.

1997-09-19 15:04:54
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: R Lindberg / E Winnie <rlindber(_at_)kendaco(_dot_)telebyte(_dot_)com>
Subject: possible problem in Message ID filter.

  The message ID was

  Now I am not (unfortunately) familiar with the RFC that governs
Message-IDs. So I don't know if the above ID is a valid one, or if the
list server generators in-valid ID's.

The Message-ID has the same format as an address: <local-part(_at_)domain>.
If it's missing the @domain it's nonstandard.

There's no reason for a list server to generate a Message-ID.  It's
likely that the Message-ID was generated by the sender's system and
simply passed along by the list server.

Regards, Ed

--
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that
man.  -- Jack Handey