Re: Catching this list's mail

2002-02-05 14:54:37
   Besides, I don't care _what_ recipe you use...my only point is that ANY
recipe designed to filter mail should use as unique a field as possible to
avoid false positives (specifically targeted at Mr. Dunford's "^TO_procmail"
recipe).

I think that's entirely a matter of personal opinion. I've always tended
towards simple recipes along the lines of '^TO_listaddress' for mailing
lists.

I think it's always better to err on the side of simplicity, since it's far
easier to spot and diagnose errors when your code is easy to understand.
If you're trying to do something mission critical with your mail, sure, go
all out with the regular expressions, but mostly I'm just filtering recipes
into folders.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(_at_)larsshack(_dot_)org>