Re: Catching this list's mail

2002-02-05 15:06:01
At 17:01 2002-02-05 -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman did say:

I think it's always better to err on the side of simplicity, since it's far
easier to spot and diagnose errors when your code is easy to understand.

But then it is oversimplified and doesn't work as it should -- If you're subscribed to TWO lists which are subject to crossposts, using a ^TO_listaddress will shoot you in the foot every time. Don't forget when someone BCC's the list - ^TO_ won't catch the message.

If you're trying to do something mission critical with your mail, sure, go
all out with the regular expressions,

FTR:

^Sender:.*someaddress

is no more or less a regexp than:

^TO_listaddress

In fact, I guess one could argue that it is LESS of a regexp than what you're using -- see 'man procmailrc' sometime to understand what "^TO_" really is - the proposed expressions are certainly less complex than what you're using, which isn't even the correct approach!