Re: Cannot get recipies to work properly

2002-02-10 14:11:59
On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 11:42:11AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
:0
* ^To:(_dot_)*lyx-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)lyx(_dot_)org
LYX

:0
* ^Cc:(_dot_)*lyx-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)lyx(_dot_)org
LYX

You'd be better off shortening these two down to:

:0:
* ^TOlyx-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)lyx(_dot_)org
LYX

If LYX is an mbox file (which your earlier message implied), you need to lock
it with a : after the 0 starting the recipe.

# spam blocks
:0 :
* 9876543210^0 ^Message-ID: <>
* 9876543210^0 ^X-:

This is a bad idea. There are lots of perfectly legit X- headers in non-spam
mail, X-Mailer being one of the most common. This very list uses X-BeenThere
to prevent mail loops.

* 9876543210^0 ^X-UIDL:
* 9876543210^0 ^X-Advertisement:
* 9876543210^0 ^X-Flags:
* 9876543210^0 ^Received: from default
* 9876543210^0 !^To:
* 9876543210^0 ^To:.*@@
* 9876543210^0 ^TOUndisclosed

Also a bad idea. Someone from whom you DO wish to receive mail might Bcc a
message to you. "Undisclosed recipients" is not uncommon.

* 9876543210^0 ^Subject:.*ADV
/dev/null

<snipped and concatenated>