Re: Cannot get recipies to work properly

2002-02-10 16:58:03
At 13:01 2002-02-10 -0800, Andrew Edelstein wrote:
> * 9876543210^0 ^Received: from default

The initial Received: header (where the message was passed from a client machine to the mail server), may very well contain "default" for the machine name on valid email. Windows boxes in particular.

> * 9876543210^0 ^Subject:.*ADV
> /dev/null

Not a good idea. Unless you specify case-sensitivity as a recipe flag, that adv will match adv anywhere and in any case, within the subject. Even with case sensitivity, you probably get a certain amount of valid email with all uppercase subjects.

advance
advice
advantage
adventure
adverb

are just some of the words that spring to mind that _start_ with adv - there are others which would _contain_ it. An improvement might be: