RE: Kind of annoying.

2002-06-13 08:29:34

Surely if you use procmail to process your mail it *removes* the silly
requirement that the subject of all mail in the list must be prefixed
by [Procmail].  The whole of the subject line can then be used for the
subject.

Procmail enables you to sort your mail on any criterion, to get mail
sent to this list delivered to a 'procmail' folder I have the
following rule in my .procmailrc file:-

   :0:
   * ^TOprocmail
   procmail

Any message with 'procmail' somewhere in its destination address is
put into the procmail folder.

Simple!   :-)

--
Chris Green (chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)

        At this point, I am far from using Procmail, I joined this list to
hopefully glean some useful information before jumping out on a limb and
implementing something that could adversely affect the operation of our
business and the security that I am attempting to create a preserve while
moving our mail server away from a very old barely adequate MTA.

        I am also considering staying away from Procmail as the help provided
from this list is most often in the form above; cryptic commands listed
with no explanation as to why and how they do the things that they do.
What kind of help and assistance is that?

        Enough of that though, I will be getting into reading over the man
pages, *rc files and other pieces of Procmail soon, hopefully it will all
begin to make some sense.

Regards,
Rob