Re: Kind of annoying.

2002-06-13 11:49:59
Robert Adkins writes:
Ahem,

      I must submit this regarding the rude statements included within the
response from Mr. Sean. B Straw / "Professional" Software Engineering.

      Apparently, once people get to a point where they feel that they are
superior to others they forgot some things.

      This is what they forget:

 This is what you forget:

 All ppl who provide help on this list do this on their own time, and they
 do it for free.

 If you're on a technical mailing list like this for years and years,
 you'll realise at some stage that 90% of the questions asked are covered
 in the documentation, web pages, or the list archives.

 This is the point where I either stop reading the list, or, if it is
 still relevant to me, just stop responding to such posts. Also, my
 willingness to help is coupled to how much effort the questioner has
 made to solve or at least understand the problem at hand (trying out
 stuff, going through the docs etc.).

 Other people however, after years and years on the list, never tire and
 continue to answer a lot of the questions here, usually without pointing
 out that they were just answered last week and pls check the archives etc.

 In brief, I find your attack extreme, unfair, and inappropriate.