Reply-To, From headers

2002-06-30 23:31:11
Cheers, folx .

I have a couple of web-based (free) email addresses which then forward
their mail to a central solaris box. The mail then gets filtered there via
procmail.

Often, I reply to these messages directly from the solaris box, not the
original web-mail address. However, I would like to set the mail headers
(From; or Reply-To at the very least) to indicate as if the replied
message originated from that web-based address.

That means I need to filter outgoing mail.

An example as to make things clearer:

someone(_at_)server(_dot_)com (1) sends an email to my address
me(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com (2). The
mail then gets forwarded to the solaris box (3). Now, when I read and
reply to the mail from the solaris box, I would like that the mail is seen
as originating from address me(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com (2). The IPs don't matter,
just
the "From" and "Reply-To" headers.

How?

Thanx eversomuch.